I’m a student of Philosophy at Durham University, but I’m spending this year studying abroad at the University of Hong Kong on the other side of the world. This is now the fifth country I’ve lived in and I’d love to tell you more about it.
I write about my year abroad, philosophy and more. Read what I’ve been up to recently.
I create visual art, both still and moving.
I consulted for Mvine Technology this Summer, creating new marketing videos and branding for their product. Follow that story here.
Long-term, I want to be able to write half as well as some of the essayists that I’m lucky enough to have time to read in my degree. At the moment, I’m beginning to research my dissertation .
You should also know that I’ve been, amongst other things, a cheerleader, a rower and an Officer Cadet in the Royal Air Force.
For more about me look here.
- Presentation: Durham Philosophy Society Undergraduate Conference 2017 - If you find yourself in the North-East of England this weekend at a loose end, then you should head along to the Durham Philosophy Society Undergraduate Conference. I'm delighted to be able to share that I'll be presenting my forthcoming Continue Reading
- The Sam’s Tailor Experience – Bespoke Suits in Hong Kong - Ask any of the businessmen nursing pints in the frenetic party district of Lang Kwai Fong what their priority is when visiting Hong Kong and you’re sure to hear about Sam's Tailor. Crossing the harbour the next day, to the Continue Reading
- A (Belated) 春节 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong - Loyal readers (so, probably only my mother) I owe you an apology. Why? Because I have failed, quite comprehensively, to do anything out of the ordinary this Chinese New Year (春节 - Chūn Jié), much to my chagrin. I've been Continue Reading
- Reading Week Myanmar Trip: Part II - N.B. This post is the follow-up to Part I, covering the second half of our week in Myanmar. Nearly 5 million people visited Myanmar last year, compared with just 800,000 in 2010. The rise of tourism here has been rapid Continue Reading
- How a Year Abroad can make you Happy – Derren Brown and Stoicism - If you’re not a philosopher, then Derren Brown’s new book, Happy: Why More or Less Everything is Absolutely Fine, may be a pleasant surprise. It’s an accessible foray into stoicism, an ancient greek philosophy that’s gaining momentum in the modern Continue Reading